Auditions and Job Openings
Interested in working at The Strand? Job opportunities for administrative staff will be listed below as they are available. For information and availability of event staff positions, please stop The Strand during box office hours.
To be notified of auditions for Strand produced live shows, please subscribe to our audition newsletter at http://eepurl.com/u3y8D.
Full Charge Bookkeeper (part-time, salary)
The Earl Smith Strand Theatre is looking to hire a part-time full charge bookkeeper. The theatre is both a non-profit and an arts venue with both produced events as well as event rentals. Bookkeeper will have full responsibility of all accounting needs and will deal directly with both the General Manager and the Board of Trustees Finance Committee. Ideal candidate is organized, quick to learn, and methodical. Candidate must be able to comfortably discuss the finer details of finances as well as the overall picture when communicating with finance committee and staff. An appreciation for the arts is preferred, as this position works closely with artists and art-lovers.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of complete general ledger and preparation of financial reports.
- Maintain the cash function for the company including reconciling and posting cash receipts.
- Reconcile all tickets sales and concessions to calculate monthly sales and liquor tax.
- Enter all payables and prepare checks. Enter all lease agreements, advance deposits and damage deposits. Work with events department to refund damage deposits.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll through QuickBooks Payroll.
- Work with outside CPA firm to provide supporting information for yearly audit.
- 5+ years as bookkeeper or similar role in nonprofit, events venue, or other related small business.
- In depth knowledge of Quickbooks Nonprofit Edition
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business is preferred
- Salary $29,000-$32,000 based upon experience
- Part Time: 25-30 hours per week, 4 days per week
- Two weeks paid vacation
The Strand’s work environment is casual professional and is creative, upbeat, and friendly.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To be considered for position, please send resume and cover letter to general manager, Cassi Costoulas, at email@example.com .